Mother’s Day is early this year, falling on Sunday, 8 May 2016. Gift giving can be challenging when your far away from your loved ones, and waiting until the last minute makes it even harder. Don’t be like me, scrambling to find something nice that can be delivered quickly. Look over this list of gifts ideas and figure out which one is just right for the mothers in your life.
- Have a photo printed on a canvas. Companies such as CanvasPeople will print your photo on canvas, and wrap it on a frame for a beautiful finish. Be sure to use their coupons to save!
- Make your own mugs. These directions show you how to make the design permanent, plus has a variety of great ideas about what to draw.
- Give the Gift of Amazon Prime. I have refused to buy Amazon Prime for years, because I figured that I never paid for shipping anyway because I always found a way to make a free shipping order. Wow – I was really missing out on all the other things Amazon Prime has to offer, including video, music, Kindle lending library, and unlimited photo storage. Amazon Prime is a great gift for the person who has everything!
- Share your memories: Write a sappy letter telling Mom why she is special to you. Make a memory jar and fill it with special memories that you have. Make a video of you talking about your mom. Bonus points if grandchildren do the interviewing!
- A trinket from your current location, or something generic (coffee mugs, again!) adorned with things that represent the area where you live.
- A fruit basket or Shari’s Berries, featuring Mother’s Day strawberries & gifts starting at just $19.99.
- Handmade jewelry from Etsy. I love the earrings at DrinkingforArt.
- Local sweets and cookies from the grocery store, if they are different from what she can get where she lives. We’ve sent macadamia nut chocolates from Hawaii, Italian coffee from Italy, and Cadbury chocolates from England.
- A spa gift certificate. You can book through a consolidator like SpaEnvy (use coupon code MOM10OFF at checkout to get 10% off), or MassageEnvy, or call a local business. Or,
- Homemade spa products. One year, one of my girls made me a variety of bath bombs and body scrubs. I was thrilled! You can find an endless array of recipes at Pinterest or with an internet search.
- A photobook from MixBook or York Photo, offering free shipping on $20 orders using code YOUSHIP. .
- Yummy baked goods, like luscious lemon poppyseed cake or soft and decadent Triple Chocolate Fudge Cookies. No time to bake, then try:
- Fairytale Brownies. Oh.My.Goodness. I give these all year round, and especially as gifts to service providers who have taken really good care of me (like my property manager.)
- The old standby: flowers. If you have friends or family who live in the area, you can save a bundle by asking them to pick up a grocery store bouquet and deliver it for you – bonus points if you send a handwritten note or card for them to include. If you must have them delivered, be sure to comparison shop for the best price.
Don’t forget that procrastination often means spending more. Take a few minute today to order or plan so that you can save money and express your love in exactly the right way for your Mom-people.
As always, if you’re ordering through Amazon, using this link helps me keep this blog running: